Myofacial Disorder (Myofacial Pain DisorDER)
Facial Muscle Spasms
Myofacial pain disorder is when the facial muscles are in spams, causing pain.
MPD is when the facial muscles are in spasm, causing pain. If you were examined and treated today for MPD or Myofacial Pain Disorder, please follow these instructions:
- Soft diet.
- Anti-inflammatory such as Advil or Ibuprofen as directed.
- Warm compress.
- Massage/stretching exercises.
- Muscle relaxer if prescribed.
- Physical therapy if prescribed.
- Wear your splint if prescribed.
Continue following these instructions until directed otherwise.